Flying Tiger Web Design
Professional, Quality Web Design
Our Web Development Services
- eCommerce - Shopping Carts
- Online Product Catalogues
- PayPal Integration
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Custom Graphics
- Image Optimisation
- Redesign / Reconstruction of Existing Site
- Domain registration / Hosting
- Forms, Forums
- Photo Galleries
- (X)HTML / XML
- CGI / Perl
- PHP / MySQL
- SOAP / various API's (Google, Amazon, PayPal etc)
Domain Registration and Hosting
Flying Tiger Web Design can provide web hosting for your site on a shared server in California. Currently this service costs HK$ 1,200 per year and is payable in advance. If you already have hosting it must be compatible with our development technologies (Apache / PHP / MySQL).
If you need to register a domain name, Flying Tiger can also take care of that for you, using GoDaddy, which is reliable and inexpensive.
The development process moves in a very clear and defined linear fashion for the convenience of both the client and the developer.
- Initial Consultation: The initial consultation is free and can be made in person, over the telephone or by email. The consultation is the time for you to present your ideas and plans (please see Free Estimate) and to ask us any questions you may have about our services. If you wish to continue with us, we will then provide you with a written estimate.
- Written Estimate:
The written estimate details how Flying Tiger Web Design can meet your web design needs. The estimate is free unless special research must be done to complete the estimate (a rare occurrence), at which point a nominal fee will be discussed before any research is done.
Written estimates are only valid for a period of 30 days.
- Contract: We use a contract to ensure that our Clients get exactly what they pay for. The Contract includes the Site Description (the details of the Written Estimate), and is sent via email. 50% of all estimated fees are due upon the signing of the contract.
- Content Gathering: In this phase, you provide us with the organized, finalized and edited content for your site. Please also provide us with any images or existing graphics you'd like us to include, and we will discuss whether or not they will need to be optimized for the Web. Third-party stock images can also be purchased through us. Do understand that this part of the process is your responsibility and that progress cannot be made without the organized content.
- Page Layout & Navigation: As soon as we have enough information to create a navigation system (according to how you wish the information to be organized), the Page Layout & Navigation plans can begin. We will decide how best to present your content and navigation and upon final approval, move on to template creation. We can usually provide you with one mockup of a site design. More than this will result in an additional hourly charge.
- Creation of Original Template: A template is typically created and subsequent pages will be built upon this template. This first page will be uploaded to one of our servers for the Client to view and then provide feedback. Please be very thorough in your feedback as it will save our time and yoru money. A second draft of the template will then be made according to client's feedback and again uploaded to the server for client feedback. Again, please be very thorough and give well-thought-out and detailed feedback. One more round of changes will then be made to the template and a final draft constructed. If a change in direction, plan or scope occurs at any time after this process, or if any template requires more than two rounds of changes, additional fees may apply.
- Page Coding: After all changes have been made to the template design, Flying Tiger Web Design will begin the actual coding of any subsequent pages based upon the finalized template(s) and the current Site Description in the Written Estimate. Your content and further graphics are then worked into the template(s).
- Final Testing & Debugging: At this point, the site will be uploaded to our server and thoroughly tested for any problems. The client may then review the entire site and suggest any minor changes and corrections. Please read all of your content carefully and thoughtfully. One thing that can truly ruin the professional look of a web site is poor grammar and spelling. We will not make any changes in grammar or spelling unless specifically requested by the client. Hourly charges apply for proofreading.
- Final Payment: Before the site can be uploaded to the client's server the final 50% of the invoice must be paid
- Final Uploading: When the payment is received (and all cheques are cleared with our bank) the site will be uploaded to the client's server within 1 hour (barring any problems with your server or ours).
- Credit: Flying Tiger Web Design retains the right to have the following small text link in the footer of each page:
Site developed by Flying Tiger Web Design
- Outsourcing: Our job is to give you what you want to the best of our abilities. Flying Tiger Web Design reserves the right to outsource if what you want is not something we can provide, or if our workload is particularly heavy. We have several designers / developers to whom we can outsource a particular part of a project, or even the project itself, although you will always work directly with us.